Managed Services Engineer
This company is a well-established and highly reputable IT Managed Services Provider who deliver solutions across both private and public cloud offerings.
You'll be offered paid certifications, ongoing training, a clear career path and an upbeat and outgoing work environment to allow you to thrive.
This is a newly created Managed Services Engineer position to support various customers enterprise systems network infrastructure.
You'll be providing level 3 BAU support + be involved in interesting projects such as hardware/software implementations/upgrades, cloud migrations and design work etc…
Being a small yet growing team you'll be 'wearing multiple hats' and providing exceptional customer service to clients.
Key elements of the role:
- Level 3 support, troubleshooting and management across server infrastructure, virtualisation, storage/backups and the cloud.
- Configure & support Enterprise networking devices - i.e. routers, switches, firewalls, wireless.
- Hands on involvement with the implementation of client projects and solutions.
- Working closely with clients to ensure their business IT objectives are met.
- Act as an escalation point for the Service Desk.
Projects involvement includes:
- Cloud & server migrations (Azure, AWS, VMware/Hyper-V)
- On-prem Exchange to Office 365 migrations (design & execution)
- Office moves (design & execution)
- Network configuration / redesign - WAN/LAN & configuration of routers, switches, firewalls, WiFi etc…
- Hardware installations / upgrades
- Datacentre migrations
A SUITBALE CANDIDATE
Suitable for a strong 'IT generalist' experienced with level 3 support, troubleshooting & projects across servers, networking, virtualisation, and the cloud for multiple Managed Services clients.
The following is needed:
- Strong L3 skills supporting a Microsoft stack (Server 2012/2016; DNS/DHCP; Active Directory, Group Policy, Office 365 & On-Prem Exchange / Exchange Online)
- Well-developed experience with VMware / Hyper-V
- Background supporting Cisco and/or Fortinet networking devices (or similar)
- Good networking knowledge & understanding of TCP/IP, Routing/Switching, VPN, WAN/LAN etc…
- Proven experience delivering multiple small-to-medium sized projects - e.g. migrations, upgrades, office moves etc.
- Datacentre experience is beneficial.
- Fantastic customer service skills, and well-developed problem-solving skills.
This is a full-time permanent role based in the Sydney CBD and is offering circa $90,000 - $100,000 (plus super).
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: