Infrastructure Architect (Solaris)
To meet Modis’s continuously growing pipeline of work, we are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Architect to join the team to support and drive our expanding business. This is a contract role working for one of our key customers in the Resources sector.
You will be responsible for the architecture of the underlying OS (Solaris 10), which will be upgraded to Solaris 11 or Linux OS. The successful candidate will have experience of working in the resources sector and will have experience within Solaris projects.
Duties of the role are:
- leading the development of, and contributing to, technical standards and architectural patterns and solutions, ICT governance, enterprise architecture and solutions architecture
- liaising with ICT management and other stakeholders, providing advice on potentially complex technical and non-technical matters as required
- applying emerging technology and improved capability to business process improvements
- working closely with team members and contributing to team process and skill improvements (by way of mentoring activities and observance/introduction of better practice approaches)
- contributing to knowledge creation within Geoscience Australia by sharing knowledge and information and by embracing best practice and development opportunities
- contributing to the design of ICT work plans to ensure the implementation of technology strategies
- providing technical oversight, leadership and input into ICT infrastructure and security projects, from inception to delivery
- contributing input to ICT governance and policy to ensure alignment of architecture with best practice and organisational goals
- anticipating and responding to Whole-of-Government initiatives and emerging ICT infrastructure and security trends, risks and issues
- in conjunction with the IT Security Advisor, designing technical control mechanisms as input into threat and risk assessments treatment plans
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong Infrastructure Architecture skill set to this organisation.
Culture & Benefits
- Our people are the lifeblood of our business, and it is our people, irrefutably, who are our single biggest differentiator over other consulting organisations. At Modis, you will work for a highly successful growing organisation that offers national consulting opportunities, and you will have the freedom to create your own success, as well as learning and development support in order to realise your potential. We invite you to apply below and learn more about the diverse range of opportunities at Modis and what makes our workplace culture inspiring.
- Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the “apply for this job” button below, you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements, and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
- “Modis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds.”
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: