Aso5 Whs Inspector
Government of South Australia
Job reference: 360076
Location: 5035 - KESWICK
Job status: Ongoing
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
About the Department of Treasury and Finance
At the Department of Treasury and Finance (DTF) we work together to support the prosperity and wellbeing of all South Australians.
Our objectives are:
- Trust and empower our skilled, diverse, flexible and committed people.
- Promote sustainable state finances.
- Support responsible budget and financial management.
- Deliver timely high quality services.
- Collaborate to deliver high quality advice on economic, social and environmental issues.
DTF actively promotes flexible working arrangements and values diversity in the workplace.
About SafeWork SA
SafeWork SA is a business unit within DTF. SafeWork SA is responsible for providing work, health and safety, public safety and state-based industrial relations services across South Australia. As a regulator, our Investigators and Inspectors ensure work, health and safety, and public safety standards are met and appropriate action is taken when breaches of laws are detected. We also help people better understand their work health and safety responsibilities.
Our values are:
For more information, please visit: www.safework.sa.gov.au
About the opportunity
SafeWork SA is looking for individuals that are enthusiastic about working with, and keen to use their skills and aptitudes to positively influence, industry stakeholders in a safety context. The role provides the opportunity for the successful candidate to shape the industry in terms of safety and work in South Australia.
The WHS Inspector engages with and connects with workers and employers across South Australia, ensuring that workplaces are safe, fair and productive. The WHS Inspector will use their legislated powers in both a reactive and proactive setting to assist in ensuring that South Australia enjoys the highest standards of workplace and public safety and standards.
To be a successful contender for the role, you will have proven ability to investigate possible breaches of workplace legislation, recording statements, writing reports, maintaining records, collecting evidence and presenting in court. You will have the ability to understand client needs, liaise with industry stakeholders, provide advice, and communicate effectively.
You will have proven ability to interact with stakeholders, engaging in a respectful manner that be able to drive conversations that lead to successful outcomes. You will act with integrity at all times and empower others around you to behave in a similar manner.
The incumbent will require the ability to engage with and work effectively in a small team and with Team members who predominately operate from different locations within South Australia.
Special conditions for employment
- There are multiple vacancies for both term and ongoing roles.
- Employment is dependent upon a Department of Human Services General Employment Probity Screening clearance that DTF finds satisfactory.
- A Corporate wardrobe is supplied and must be worn in line with SafeWork SA Dress and Personal Protection Policy.
- Frequent out of hours work will be required.
- Some intra and interstate travel requiring overnight absences will be required.
- Possession of a minimum Class C driver’s licence is essential.
- Will be required to take part in the on-call roster.
ASO5 - $79,030 - $88,097
Further information about this opportunity can be obtained from:
(08) 8303 0247
All applications must be submitted online.
Please submit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and provide written answers to the situational questions on the attached document
The Department of Treasury and Finance is committed to having at least 50% of interviewees for each role being women. We actively promote flexible working arrangements and value diversity in the workplace. Please talk to us about how we can make this role work for you.
Applications close: 25/09/2019 5:00 PM
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: