Desktop Support Engineer
Brisbane Grove, NSW
Location:CBD & Inner Suburbs > Brisbane
Profession / Role:I.T. & T > Helpdesk & Support
- Full time contract opportunity with extension options
- Great career development opportunities
- Prime office location
We are currently looking for a technically-minded and ambitious End User Support / Desktop Support Officer who can apply their knowledge and skills to support with day to day ICT Level 1 and Level 2 queries. This role will have you working with a collaborative team within the End User Compute and Client Services Support group.
The initial contract will be until the end of 2019, with strong chances of extensions.
- Deliver system administration services across supported operating environments (Windows and Linux) as well as the ability to apply security practices being adopted.
- Oversee and support the computing infrastructure, encompassing software and hardware and organisational ICT supported operating environments for all areas which will include (but not limited to)
- Head Office and warehouses
- State Offices and operational areas
- Training facilities and meeting rooms
- Operational Hubs including Maintenance Centres
- Operational Sites
- Remote Offices - Nationally
- Advise and recommend matters relating to ICT aligned to the End-user computing service remit and manage the strategy across End-user computing with the focus on continuous process improvements and moving issue resolution to the front line or as close to the customer as possible.
- Provide team mentoring and management when needed.
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts, in particular: Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Use relevant IT Service Management processes to assist services and requests, including ITIL service delivery for issues relating to all End-user computing services
Please note: As this is a role within the Australian Government, all candidates will need to be an Australian Citizen.
Date Posted:9/10/2019 5:56:00 PM
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: