Junior Structural Engineer - Perth, Western Australia
Apply nowJob no:498059
Location:Australia - WA
- Great career step into a well-established and supportive team of engineering professionals
- Varied and interesting mining and infrastructure projects
- Perth, Western Australia
This is an excellent opportunity to learn from our specialists and develop your structural engineering career.
About the role
Reporting to the Principal Structural Engineer, you’ll be assisting the team to develop concepts and undertake detailed design of a wide variety of mining related equipment support structures, water and earth retaining structures, pipe support structures, wharfs, tanks, towers, cranes and demolition works. Steel and concrete design will comprise most of your work.
You’ll learn how to read our client’s design criteria, specifications and scopes of work, and know what is needed to meet their requirements.
As we also do more complex analysis such as vibration, impact and fatigue this will be an area where you could further develop your skills.
Critical to your success will be:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Civil/Structural Engineering recognised by Institute of Engineers Australia
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a Structural Engineer complemented with a thorough knowledge of the Australian Standards for design of concrete and steel
- Experience in structural modelling - specific experience using Spacegass and Strand 7 software packages would be advantageous
- Basic knowledge of the Building Code of Australia (NCC) is an advantage to this position
- Strong working knowledge of the MS Office suite, in particular Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must as you’ll be communicating regularly with internal and external stakeholders
- An ability to work within a fast-paced team environment along with the confidence and drive to use your initiative on autonomous pieces of work as required
Tetra Tech Proteus is a leading provider of engineering services to the resources and energy sectors. Our talented engineers cover all disciplines across procurement and construction management and deliver projects across Australia, Asia and Africa.
In over three decades of operation we’ve delivered studies, detailed design, EPCM and EPC projects to our mining and infrastructure clients across all phases of the project life cycle from studies to ongoing operational supports.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multi-billion dollar company with local expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular annual leave.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: