Senior Electrical Engineer
Belgian Gardens, QLD
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Vesuvian is a Townsville based multidisciplinary engineering company providing project management and engineering services to the northern Queensland region mining and heavy industry sectors.
We pride ourselves on delivering through an integrated approach and a focus on delivering successful outcomes for all stakeholders.
To support our ongoing growth Vesuvian is seeking to engage a number of Senior Engineers across Mechanical and Electrical disciplines.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be capable of delivering on scopes of work both as a senior member of the team, and technical expert in in your own right. Your technical ability to investigate and understand the fundamental issues associated with client needs, and then design and deliver innovative, practical solutions that will differentiate you.
Key Role Objectives:
- Technical: By developing simple, clever and practical solutions, Clients will view your work as technically excellent.
- Growth & Development: By providing opportunity to grow and extend your current skill set, Vesuvian aim to enable you to continue to develop into a respected leader in the communities and regions that we service.
- Management: By efficiently completing project work, you will enable projects to be completed ahead of time and under budget.
- Marketing & Business Development: By delivering on your tasks you will continue to develop relationships in the industry and enable Vesuvian to grow.
Role Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls design tasks from concept through to commissioning;
- Checking designs completed by others;
- Developing and improving Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls design tools for use across the team;
- Assisting with construction and commissioning including occasional site-based work as required;
- Managing projects including drafters and engineers of other disciplines; and
- Identifying new work opportunities and prepare proposals.
The Ideal Candidate
Our Ideal candidate is an ambitious and technically minded degree qualified Electrical Engineer with 7+ years experience who is a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland or currently in the process of becoming a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland. You will have previous design experience in the Mining and Industrial sectors, specifically across LV power distribution, PLC / SCADA control and communications and instrumentation . Other preferred experience includes plant, construction and commissioning.
Why Join Vesuvian?
We can offer the fantastic career opportunities that come with joining a small team as it starts to grow as well as the ability to genuinely influence the business's direction and success through your personal efforts and simultaneously progress your career as we grow from within.
You will aid our foundation as a new mid-tier engineering company and build up our dynamic and adaptable way to deal with our client's needs.
At Vesuvian we know that our people and our culture are what differentiates us, that is why we host a relaxed and enjoyable working environment by giving our employees the autonomy to deliver their work.In line with this principal we are asking all potential candidates to complete a battery of psychometric and culture fit assessments to ensure we maintain the kind of workplace that, we believe, differentiates us.
If you are interested in progressing your application in this role, please click on the APPLY NOW button and register your details.
We are committed to this process and as such, will endeavour to review and respond to your application as soon as possible.
We look forward to speaking to you!
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: