Lead Mechanical Engineer
Belgian Gardens, QLD
LEAD MECHANICAL & PIPING ENGINEER
Vesuvian is a Townsville based multidisciplinary engineering company providing project management and engineering services to the northern Queensland region mining and heavy industry sectors.
We pride ourselves on delivering through an integrated approach and a focus on delivering successful outcomes for all stakeholders.
To support our ongoing growth Vesuvian is seeking to engage a number of Senior Engineers across Mechanical and Electrical disciplines.
As a Lead Mechanical & Piping Engineer, you will be capable of delivering on scopes of work both as a senior member of the team, and technical expert in in your own right. Your technical ability to investigate and understand the fundamental issues associated with client needs, and then design and deliver innovative, practical solutions that will differentiate you.
This role will provide broad exposure across mechanical design, proposal preparation and project management.
Key Role Objectives:
- Technical: Provide technical leadership to enable the Mechanical team to develop simple and efficient solutions ensuring client satisfaction.
- Growth and Development: Identify opportunities to stretch and extend team members and enable them to develop into leaders in the communities and regions that we service.
- Management: Identify opportunities to improve how Vesuviandeliver projects and ensure budgets and schedules are met.
- Marketing and Business Development: Leverage your industry contacts and deliver on projects to continue company growth.
Role responsibilities include:
- Leading design teams;
- Undertaking Mechanical and Piping design tasks from concept through to commissioning;
- Checking designs completed by others;
- Developing and improve Mechanical and Piping design tools for use across the team;
- Producing design guides and technical notes allowing team members to leverage of your expertise;
- Assisting with construction and commissioning including occasional site-based work as required;
- Managing projects including drafters and engineers of other disciplines;
- Developing discipline-based growth plans and recruit team member in line with the plan;
- Identifying new work opportunities and prepare proposals.
The Ideal Candidate
Our Ideal candidate is an ambitious and technically minded degree qualified Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland Mechanical Engineer with 10+ years experience. Experience in the Mining and Industrial sectors, specifically across materials handling and/or wet processing plant design is considered highly advantageous.
Why Join Vesuvian?
We can offer the fantastic career opportunities that come with joining a small team as it starts to grow as well as the ability to genuinely influence the business's direction and success through your personal efforts and simultaneously progress your career as we grow from within.
You will aid our foundation as a new mid-tier engineering company and build up our dynamic and adaptable way to deal with our client's needs.
At Vesuvian we know that our people and our culture are what differentiates us, that is why we host a relaxed and enjoyable working environment by giving our employees the autonomy to deliver their work. In line with this principal we are asking all potential candidates to complete a battery of psychometric and culture fit assessments to ensure we maintain the kind of workplace that, we believe, differentiates us.
If you are interested in progressing your application in this role, please click on the APPLY NOW button and register your details.
We are committed to this process and as such, will endeavour to review and respond to your application as soon as possible.
We look forward to speaking with you!
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: