Reliability Engineer - Mechanical
At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. The world's leading gold company, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Boddington offers a unique opportunity to live in the South West, only 130 kms from the Perth CBD and approximately 100kms from the coast so there will be plenty of time to enjoy the lifestyle this area has to offer. One of the largest gold producers in Australia, you will join a diverse team and have the opportunity to advance your career with an innovative company dedicated to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity.
With good rosters and a unique opportunity to live locally and go home each day, we also provide DIDO with accommodation in our Village
About This Role:
As an experienced Mechanical Reliability Engineer your role will be to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. This broad primary role can be divided into three smaller areas of responsibility:
- Defect Elimination
- Asset Maintenance Strategy
- Life cycle asset management (LCAM)
This role is offered on a 12 Month Fixed Term Basis
In This Role You Will:
- Work with the leadership team to help to develop and foster a culture that strives to continuously improve safety, reliability and cost performance.
- Coach and mentor operators, maintainers, Asset Management professionals and practitioners on reliability and maintainability programs
- Drive continuous improvement activities throughout the entire life cycle of plant assets.
- Develop and optimise maintenance strategies using Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA)/PMO approach and implement outcomes within SAP system for all fixed plant equipment. Use of AWB (experience Availability Workbench or similar program is desirable)
- Drive cultural change in a positive manner and influence others on new concepts
- Perform asset failure investigations and manage Continuous Improvement projects through facilitation of site Defect Elimination Process.
Your Skills, Training & Experience Checklist:
- Sound mining or heavy industry experience with mechanical maintenance experience with focus on the reliability discipline in the Fixed Plant
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong background in using reliability improvement processes i.e. defect elimination, , asset strategy development, asset criticality analysis
- Facilitation of Root cause analysis, problem solving and other analytical techniques to eliminate root causes and developing improvement action plan.
- Interrogate the production delay & SAP database for equipment history in order to identify improvement opportunities.
- Effective planning and project management
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the maintenance of Fixed Plant Equipment i.e. Crushers, Ball Mills , Conveyors, Screens and other gold processing plant equipment
- Sound understanding or Subject Matter Expert on all aspects of Mining Conveyor maintenance and reliability and exposure to leading and managing Conveyor Reliability improvement projects
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to priorities work accurately and to work with cross-functional teams effectively
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
More About Newmont
Note: Newmont does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal. If you are asked to do either, do not respond and please report this immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: