TORQUE RECRUITMENT GROUP
- Temp – Perm opportunity, ASAP Start!
- DIDO roster to Battler Gold Mine
- Drill and Blast experience required
You will use your demonstrated Engineering experience in drill and blast within the WA resources industry to deliver effective designs and plans to drive continuous improvement within an open pit mine site.
Site: Battler Gold Mine, 14km from Southern Cross.
Roster: 2/1 or 12/9 Drive in Drive out roster.
Hours: 12-hour days.
- Preparation of the rolling 2-week, 3 month mine schedules and LOM plan, as well as ensuring plans are executed in a manner to meet or exceed in all relevant areas.
- Development of ore blend plans aligned with mine schedule and contract requirements.
- Develop effective drill and blast designs, charging plans and tie ins.
- Develop/amend designs for waste dumps from approved final designs.
- Ensure that all environmental and closure planning requirements are occurring.
- Monitor dewatering activities whilst continually updating the site water balance.
- Help to maximise the recovery of ore whilst maintaining grade and minimising dilution.
- Provide routine operational reports as required including daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Drive continuous improvement, with a focus on cost reduction and productivity improvements.
- Make minor amendments to pit design in line with appropriate approval processes.
- Act as Alternate QM/RM on site while PM is off site.
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Quarry Mangers Certificate of Competency - preferred.
- Experience in hard rock and narrow vein ore bodies – highly regarded.
- Competency with recognised design and scheduling software – Surpac and Shotplus software highly regarded.
APPLY NOW or send a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Mine Engineer – Drill & Blast.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: