Director, Sales Engineering
Director, Sales Engineering
Who are we?
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
A career at Equinix means constant opportunities to learn new skills and grow in new directions. We look for people who are customer service driven and who pride themselves on their technical skills alongside their analytical skills and innovative approach.
Your role will be to lead a Sales Engineering team (virtually) in managing existing client base and developing new accounts. Develops and drives the strategy for the Sales Engineering team with oversight over one or more Regions.
Team Leadership and Strategy
- Provides leadership and direction to a team of individual contributors and first level managers in defining and executing on strategic Sales plans and efforts
- Drives the local/metro sales leadership's vision, strategy, and objectives
- Shapes and develops the regional team's strategy
- Drives skills development, selling and/or technical sales support behaviors of the leadership team
- Creates spirit of collaboration, engagement, and sharing of best practices
- Leads team through changes
- Drives team adoption of relevant tools available for more efficient business management
- Develops the leadership skills of the managers within their regions
Sales Leadership & Acumen
- Defines and delivers the business objectives and expertise levels for the regional or multi-regional teams
- Proactively informs sales leadership of new business opportunities
- Responsible for the metro team's support structure design and proposal of technical solutions
- Conducts internal Quarterly Business Reviews, measuring performance against pre-established business metrics
- Drives change with team
- Owns and manages all escalations to senior leadership for critical matters
- Assists in efforts to shape and impact deals for the metro/local team
- Works with finance to shape and uncover opportunities within Equinix to leverage MRR vs NRR/EIS offsets and how they can be leveraged to bring a deal to positive outcome
- Able to accurately convey business concepts across the business
Employee Management & Team Health
- Drives leadership and management of a regional team in their technical sales support pursuits
- Provides direction for the organization, including the leadership team, to ensure overall success
- Drives the strategy for optimizing resources within regional or multi-regional team
- Defines career development tracks
- Drives hiring activities, compensation, performance metrics, coaching and career development tracks
- Defines and drives the performance and results of the metro/local team
- Supports and shapes individual career development
- Defines and promotes positive team dynamics
- Mentors leadership team
- Defines and delivers the strategy for analytical data and dashboards for the sales engineering team
- Drives MRR and EIS/NRR revenue forecasts
- Defines the analytic tools and reports to properly manage resources
- Analyzes feedback to identify trends, gaps, and potential opportunities to refine team performance and customer satisfaction
Collaboration and Communication
- Drives strategy and management relationships with all organizations
- Drives positive culture and environment for entire Sales Engineering organization
- 10+ years customer facing experience in related industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or IT preferred
Are you interested? We are interested in learning more about you.
You can also check out our YouTube page to find out more about us: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xshmMk-FKjqKCLOKklQQw
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing organisational needs.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: