Senior/principal Facade Engineer - Aviation, Commercial & Education
Australia - Victoria, Melbourne
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, construction, environmental and energy. With over 56,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all the key markets that it serves.
AECOM's Building Engineering group is looking for a proven and highly driven professional to join our specialist Façade's Team based in Melbourne. As a valued member of our team you will provide technical engineering design input to contribute to a variety of projects and a diverse range of major markets including; Aviation, Commercial and Education projects.
Our Building Engineering group is looking for a highly driven Facades Engineer to contribute to a range of complex technical design tasks on medium to large scale projects across Victoria and globally.
As an experienced consultant, you will have proficiency in the design, documentation and understanding of performance requirements of various facades systems. Your strong understanding of Engineering and Façade principles will enable you to proactively look for opportunities and add value to our business, while working closely with clients from around the world.
Working with a leading design practice in our Melbourne centre of excellence, you will have access to industry specialists based across the world, working on a diverse range of industry sectors especially major projects in Aviation, Commercial and Education.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will work with a variety of internal and external clients supporting your development and technical skills in an exciting consultancy role, providing input to major projects throughout Asia, Australia and New Zealand, USA and South East Asia.
- Proven understanding of Australian standards within a specialist Facades related role;
- Strong evidence of working in a similar Façade role, within a consulting environment;
- Excellent confidence in technical understanding of façade systems and performance specifications;
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Ability to perform Structural Engineering design and conduct design and modelling analysis;
- Client-centric approach;
- Work-alone initiative and ability to deliver design solutions to façade projects while working in multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Architecture or Structural Engineering related);
- High level proficiency in CAD design specific to Facades;
- Rhino or 3D/Parametric modelling experience - advantageous.
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men's participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home and job share options;
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
- Paid parental and partner leave;
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;
- Wellbeing benefits eg. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts;
- Employee stock purchase plans;
- Study assistance;
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Architecture and Design
Business Line Buildings & Places
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 235706BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: