Principal Electrical Engineer - Earthing & Bonding
Australia - New South Wales, Sydney
AECOM's Rail team in Sydney is seeking to expand its team. We are looking for an Electrical Engineer with experience within the Rail sector, who has a passion for technical excellence and enjoys the challenge of delivering multi-discipline projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to be actively involved in innovative and highly motivated team of energy professionals and be instrumental in delivering landmark projects throughout Australia.
The primary focus of this role is to undertake Earthing and Bonding system design, modelling and testing for our railway projects and industrial installations.
This position requires the candidate to prepare earthing and bonding designs from feasibility, through concept and ultimately to full detail design.
There will also be opportunities down the track to undertake other electrical engineering design & study aspects, pending workload and interest.
Find out more about AECOM's commitment to Inclusion and Diversity here: https://www.linkedin.com/organization/15656/campaign/5be7d284-2c51-48dc-b166-95cae48a957b/
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Extensive years of experience in recent collective experience in HV and LV earth grid design and testing
- Earth grid modelling experience in CDEGS software, or equivalent
- In depth knowledge of relevant Australian Standards and industry guidelines.
- Flexibility to work on a broad range of electrical engineering projects
- Experience preparing design reports and detailed drawings
- Knowledge of transmission and distribution systems, HV substations and LV installations
- Knowledge of AC and DC traction power systems would be an advantage
- Experience in all steps of completing discipline component of PS&E package.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 210440BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: