Senior Site Engineer - Civil
Rockhampton City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An opportunity exists for an experienced Senior Project Engineer to join our team and be part of an iconic and rewarding project. This is a site-based role working a 14/7 roster. This position supports the Civil Works Construction Manager in the management of contractors and construction which includes early works, construction water pipeline, bulk earthworks, culverts and bridges.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure the progress of the construction is accurately recorded
- Coordinate with Package Managers, purchasing and contract administration team related to the civil package
- Ensure that support issues have been flagged by the Construction Team
- Review and assess on site issues identified by our Supervisors that require engineering assessment
- Identify and control of earthworks materials and sources relating to suitability and quantity
- Manage contractor QA documentation and compliance, including the NCR management process
- Involvement in Permit to Disturb process
- Review of contractor construction management plans
- Quality assurance and compliance checking against Main Roads Technical Specifications (MRTS)
- Issuing site instruction and other contractor management tools
- Participate in quality, safety and environmental audits in conjunction with Adani project resources;
- Communicate effectively with all project stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following skills, attributes and qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering or equivalent
- 15 plus years relevant experience
- Previous work experience on-site in the development of major linear rail infrastructure in Queensland
- Good written and oral communication skills in the English language
- Working knowledge of legislation and policies for Australian rail construction, experience in negotiation of similar contract size
- Experience in coordinating site works
- Construction industry White Card
- Coal Board medical
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interested in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: