Package Engineer - Civil
Rockhampton City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position supports the Civil Package Manager in the planning and delivery of civil works including early works, construction water pipeline, bulk earthworks, culverts and bridges.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide assistance in contract management and review of construction and technical deliverables
- Review civil design drawings and ongoing design changes
- Provide options for design optimisation
- Assist with work permits and government approvals to ensure all project obligations are met
- Assist with Permit to Disturb and Land Access documentation
- Prioritise site works and provide forward planning and scheduling estimations based on the latest productivity and costing data
- Liaising with Site Engineers and ensure support issues have been flagged by the Construction Team
- Participate in quality, safety and environmental audits in conjunction with Adani project resources
- Communicate effectively with all project stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following skills, attributes and qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in civil or foundation engineering
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Have held a middle level position in the development of rail infrastructure projects in Australia
- Good written and oral communication skills in the English language
- Ability to travel frequently to site and other locations as required
- Previous work experience on site in the development of major linear rail infrastructure in Queensland
- Working knowledge of legislation and policies for Australian rail construction, experience in negotiation of similar contract size
- Experience in coordinating site works
- Applied experience with supporting design development including safety in design requirements
- Engineering experience in the construction of major coal rail infrastructure in Queensland or within Australia
- Knowledge of planning and development of materials sources for major infrastructure civil works in Queensland
- Knowledge of specifications for materials used in development of major linear infrastructure in Queensland
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interested in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: