Rockhampton City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Cost Engineer is responsible for controlling and monitoring total project expenditure, including verifying invoices and claims from suppliers and subcontractors to ensure contractor cost reporting is compliant with project controls. This role is based on site and works on a 14/7 roster.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Delivering packaged cost controlling management, driving budget and change controls, cost monitoring and progress and variance reporting.
- Adhering to and applying the project Work Breakdown Structure to ensure all systems, processes and reporting reflect the standard approach on the project
- Coordinating and working with the project controls management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
- Monitoring project costs and working on efficiencies whilst managing any change management (Trends and Scope Changes) and maintaining company reporting standards.
- Performing contractor productivity reviews against project hours from timesheets, schedules and costs to complete.
- Conducting a review of daily production information, and providing information on opportunities to improve.
- Performing cost delay analysis and forecasting extension of time claim assessments for commercial teams.
- Monitoring accrual costs on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Contributing to the general development of the company cost reporting templates to reduce inefficiencies and to ensure the report structures are as efficient as possible.
- Assisting with maintaining project control plans and specific project procedures.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes, and align with Adani’s values of courage trust and commitment to high standards.
- Tertiary Qualifications in (Civil/Structural) Engineering, Finance or a Quantity Surveying related discipline.
- Proven experience working on Civil/Rail construction projects.
- Strong commercial systems and process knowledge, with a history of managing compliance and adherence to procedures while managing projects cost controls.
- A collaborative team approach and being able to work with minimal supervision to provide the project support in all Cost Controls functions.
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel, Project, SAP and estimating software packages.
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
To register your interest, please submit your application online.
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: