Estimator (Coastal Wa/bunbury)
- Lifestyle AND Career Upside in the South West
- Diverse Civil & Industrial Construction Tenders
- Terrific Contractor, CIRCA $130K-160K Base + Super!
About the Company
This terrific civil and building contracting business has forged a strong reputation over the last 20+ years from their base in Bunbury, Western Australia. They typically undertake civil and industrial building projects across WA valued in the $2-20M range. They have a clear vision for growth and in their quest for new business they now require a highly competent permanent ESTIMATOR to join their company in Bunbury.
About the Role:
As permanent ESTIMATOR in Bunbury, you will take ownership of preparing “first principle” estimates using MS EXCEL spreadsheets for civil, earthworks and “tilt-up’ building projects primarily in the civil, mining and industrial sectors in WA. With all these sectors ramping up due to another surge in construction activity in WA, the sucessful ESTIMATOR will be central to pricing winning tenders on these upcoming projects. You will be based in the Bunbury office working a typical 40 hour week, however some flexibility may be required pending tender deadlines. A tremendous salary is on offer CIRCA $130K-160K Base + super (*Flexible based on experience). This role will suit an experienced ESTIMATOR either currently based in South West WA, or someone interested in a move to Bunbury to raise a family in a more rural setting and leverage all the amazing lifestyle benefits that come from living on WA’s stunning South West coast. Think boating, camping, fishing, surfing, wineries, microbreweries, hiking and long summer holidays at the beach!
- Undertaking tender reviews, clarifications and risk analysis at pre-tender stage
- Working autonomously to derive accurate “first principle” tender pricing for civils, earthworks and tilt panel concrete packages on industrial construction projects valued up to $2-20M
Skills, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Approximately 5+ years’ ESTIMATOR experience for small-medium Civil/Tilt-up Contractors in Australia
- Proven ability to produce accurate “first principle” estimates using MS Excel for civil, earthworks and "tilt-up" project scopes on civil/industrial construction sites in Western Australia
- A keen eye for detail with excellent literacy and numeracy
- Effective all-round interpersonal communication skills, ability to work autonomously, and high levels of motivation
- Currently based in Bunbury or nearby in the South West for an easy daily commute, or willing to relocate ASAP within 4 weeks’ notice maximum.
- Existing rights to live and work in Australia
- Able to provide 2 favorable references from the last 5 years
- Available within 4 weeks’ notice period
- Clean WA C Class Drivers Licence
- CIRCA $130K-160K Base + Super
- Stunning South West WA Location & Incredible Lifestyle Upside
- Stable Civil Contracting Business
The culture within this construction business is exciting, positive and promotes employees taking ownership for their role and thinking laterally. The culture is built on the key pillars of safety and quality and the empowerment of their staff. Driven by a highly experienced management team with a clear vision and strong track record of success, you will become part of a winning team culture delivering outstanding project solutions for key clients.
How to Apply
All applications must be made by uploading a CV after clicking “APPLY for this job”, or contact Scott Alexander for a confidential discussion.
Phone Number: 08 9338 0920
Reference Number: SA45241
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: