Ocs/ict Test & Commissioning Engineer
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service.
The Metro Tunnel Project is being delivered in three work packages, with a program level team (RPVP) assisting each package. The three work packages are: Rail Systems Alliance, Rail Infrastructure Alliance and the Tunnels and Stations Public Private Partnership. An opportunity currently exists for an OCS/ICT Test and Commissioning Engineer to join the Rail Systems Alliance work package.
Reporting into the OCS/ICT Test and Commissioning Manager, the OCS/ICT Test and Commissioning Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership and delivery for off- site and site- based testing and commissioning activities. They will work closely with the OCS/ICT Test & Commissioning Manager and OCS/ICT Design and Delivery Leads to ensure all of the testing & commissioning activities are carefully planned, scheduled and coordinated with all key stakeholders and integrated into the overall OCS/ICT delivery framework.
- Be an active member of the OCS/ICT engineering team responsible for overseeing the design, delivery, testing, commissioning and ultimate handover of the various Operational Control Systems being delivered and modified as part of the Metro Tunnel Project Rail Systems Alliance.
- Plan, schedule, develop and coordinate the delivery of all testing and commissioning activities for the Operational Control Systems being delivered and modified as part of the Project.
- Liaise with technical teams within the OCS/ICT function regarding the set-up, execution and reporting requirements for specific test procedures and test cases being undertaken throughout the Project lifecycle.
- Work closely with the wider Systems Integration & Test team to ensure all testing activities are adequately documented and reported in the relevant engineering testing tools and applications used across the Project.
- Develop, manage delivery and review progress against plans to ensure they are on schedule and take effective remedial action as required.
- Adhere to the relevant management plans and engineering frameworks that govern the Project delivery and reporting requirements.
- Engage key stakeholders across the alliance teams and broader Project organisation ensuring that beneficial relationships are developed and maintained and contribute to an overall successful outcome for the Project.
- Tertiary Qualification in Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in Systems Engineering
- Experience in testing & commissioning methodologies
- Experience in developing high quality technical documentation and reporting
- Sound analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- A self starter with strong analytical ,conceptual and problem-solving skills.
Why work for Metro?
- Great Team Culture and Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Salary & Employee Benefits
- Collaborative & Supportive Team
- Free Myki Travel
This is a fantastic and high profile opportunity to build on the career you have developed to date and be part of the legacy that ‘connects people and places for a growing Melbourne’.
If what you have read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then please submit your application by COB Sunday 21st of March 2021.
For more information, please contact Yvette Michael, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: