Engineering Interface Coordinator
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
As the Level Crossing Removal Project continues to deliver a safer and more efficient train network, the Metro team involved in this large-scale project is expanding to respond to current and future works. The experience gained in this exciting, multi-disciplinary environment will be valuable to building your career in rail construction.
Metro Trains a partner of the North West Program Alliance is currently seeking a experienced Engineering Interface Coordinator to support current projects as part of the Level Crossing Removal Program (LXRP).
About the Role:
A integral role supporting the Interface Manager your role is to support the successful interface between the Alliance, Metro and other third parties in the delivery of large scale complex projects on MTM’s behalf
You will be responsible for supporting the governance and stakeholder management towards collaborative resolutions of technical and non-technical issues to ensure the best outcomes for the Alliance/Project and MTM
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support change and requirements management, regulation and compliance clarity, timelines and deliverables negotiations with stakeholders in the Alliance/Project, across Metro and with various council, regulatory and government representatives
- Support the management of disruption occupation, works readiness, subcontractors, train control, signalling, financial reporting, programming schedules, dashboards and reporting.
- Provide management and engineering support (relevant to the project life cycle stage) which will vary and include scope, planning, costing, design, construction, implementation, change and risk management, testing and commissioning, contract management, completions, TOC development and submissions, rail safety requirements and rail accreditation protection
- Support the facilitation of the integration and functionality of system architecture to meet Metro requirements (such as works readiness requirements)
- Advisory support and technical inputs into project delivery activities as required (such as signal maintenance) and interpret policy and standards and the application to the project
- Support the development, delivery management, and review of progress against plans to ensure they are on schedule and take effective remedial action as required.
- Support the review and approval of construction documentation for the Alliance/Project on Metro’s behalf and other responsibilities allocated by the project/alliance against performance targets beyond Metro’s
- Support the identification, engagement and maintenance of strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Alliance/Project, externally and within Metro to ensure that beneficial relationships are developed and maintained
- Support effective communicate to Rail Systems stakeholders and contribute to maximising the value of technical and managerial knowledge base in accordance with Alliance/Project and Metro objectives.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in Rail Infrastructure engineering principles preferred
- Strong stakeholder management skills, ability to negotiate and influence
- Demonstrated experience of engagement across multi-disciplinary organisations and stakeholder groups
- Experience in Rail construction projects or similar multi-discipline industry preferred
Why work for Metro?
- Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Applications close Friday 12th of March, 2021
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: