Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon is continuously striving to be the Earth’s most customer-centric company. AWS has the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, with the deepest and broadest portfolio of cloud services available. Every day we are helping customers and partners maximize the value of cloud computing technologies.
AWS Professional Services (ProServe) is a global team of consultants that helps enterprise customers achieve their business outcomes on AWS Cloud. ProServe consultants work with hundreds of the world’s largest enterprises to help them deliver their cloud initiatives.
About The Role
As a Cloud Architect, you will work with our customers to deliver AWS solutions such as web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing & big data, archiving & disaster recovery for a wide range of industries. You will also have the opportunity to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity. Lastly, you will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects.
This role combines thought leadership across the globe with cutting code, designing architectures, and helping our customers build system components as they move and build new applications in the cloud.
Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
- Deliver technical solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, enabling breakthrough innovations for customers
- Shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS services
- Apply and create best practices in multiple technical domains using AWS and third-party technology products
- Guide customers appropriately following our AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Drive deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are successfully deployed in the cloud
- Manage migrations of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services
- Work with AWS field business development, marketing, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
- Work closely with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps
- Gather real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services
Amazon is peculiar, AWS ProServe is no different. Like any other Amazonian, we are customer obsessed and this shows through us keeping our project timelines short, our customers’ AWS bills as low as they can, and enabling them to support themselves after we leave; we also develop and share our intellectual properties freely to enable our customers and partners.
WHY JOIN US?
We truly make a difference – a Cloud Architect is not a monotonous dull job. Not only do you get to play with the coolest technologies out there, we actually make history by transforming our customers’ ways of working – not just technically, but culturally and holistically too. Going home at night knowing that you did something meaningful is incredibly satisfying. – At AWS, you are surrounded by highly talented colleagues who are only a click or call away, and more than happy to help out.
- Extensive experience in IT implementation including scalable cloud-based solutions and microservices architectures
- Customer facing skills, ideally gained in presales or consultancy roles
- Experienced in leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
- Experienced with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
- AWS Certifications, associate or professional level
- Strong track record of hands-on, production AWS experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in (Computer Science or Math) or equivalent experience
- Master’s in Computer Science
Job ID: A1239575
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: