Whs Assurance & Investigation Specialist
North Sydney, NSW
12 month contract - Working from Home
Your new role
The Assurance & Investigation Specialist is responsible for managing and supporting assurance activities and systemic safety investigations, including quality assurance and interaction with industry partners and other providers of services to contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the WHS Assurance Framework.
The role operates autonomously with oversight from senior specialists and the Director Work Health and Safety Role Description Assurance & Investigation Specialist 3 Assurance and Improvement, and is responsible for prioritising day to day work activities within determined agenda. The role is fully accountable for the quality and integrity of information and advice provided.
- Manage and support systemic safety investigations to identify contributing factors, failed and absent defences, opportunities for organisational learning occurs and improvement opportunities.
- Deliver assurance activities to contribute to the development, implementation and operation of an effective WHS Assurance and Investigation Framework.
- Provide assistance with WHS incident management.
- Conduct assurance activities such as compliance, system & risk control assessment and audits to support the efficacy of the Safety Management System.
- Deliver documented outcomes reflecting assurance and investigation findings and actions.
- Communicate the findings of assurance and investigation activities in conjunction with other WHS Branch personnel through briefings, training and other educational mediums.
- Act as a point of contact for local and regional staff and suppliers for ad-hoc safety assurance or investigation assistance to provide accurate and consistent advice.
- Engage and manage appropriate external vendors to implement the requirements of programs to support the effective utilisation of effort to achieve positive health and safety outcomes.
What you'll need to succeed
- Advanced Diploma or Graduate Diploma in WHS or Human Factors
- Previous experience in a similar role in a blue collar environment
- Strong experience and demonstrated competency to conduct safety assurance and investigation activities within a large, complex organisation and experience with the Incident Cause Analysis Method (ICAM).
- Sound knowledge of NSW Work Health Safety legislation and applicable Codes of Practice and Standards.
What you'll get in return
- Supportive and inclusive culture with a professional working environment.
- Good employee benefits and entitlements.
- 12 month contract with competitive rates.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SA Licence number : LHS 297508
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: