3 Easy Steps

  • 1Search for courses by Study Area, Level and Location
  • 2We deliver you all the matched results
  • 3Choose one or more course providers to contact you
Industry

Distance from location (kms)

Exact 5 10 25 50 100

Posted since

All 2 Days 1 Week 2 Weeks 1 Month

Sort results by

Relevance Date

24

April

Business Group Leader - Building Engineering

GHD - Perth, WA

Engineering
Source: uWorkin

JOB DESCRIPTION

Perth, Western Australia

This is a new position, created as part of GHD’s National Buildings Step Up strategy.
GHD’s West Australian business is creating an integrated multidisciplinary Building Engineering group to include our structural, mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, fire and other related specialities. The primary focus of the group is to deliver truly integrated Building Engineering services for clients in GHD’s priority subsectors.

About The Role

This role is responsible for leading the provision of professional Building Engineering design and construction management projects for GHD across the West Australian Business.

It is envisaged that approximately 75% of the Business Group Leader’s time will be focussed on managing the team and leading the delivery of complex projects for GHD’s client portfolio, with the remaining 25% focussed on business development and winning work.

The Key Focus Areas Of The Role Will Include

  • Leading a large team of highly skilled and motivated engineers, modellers and drafters.
  • Formulating and implementing business plans to achieve GHD’s strategic goals and objectives within the Buildings market.
  • Providing oversight and direction to the delivery of large, complex multi-disciplinary Building Engineering projects.
  • Leading business development activities across the Building Engineering sector in Western Australia (including being active in the external market to raise GHDs profile and capabilities in the sector).
  • Expanding the client base by promoting GHD’s services within the Building Engineering sector – by representing GHD at forums, meetings, industry events etc.


Desired Skills And Experience
  • The successful candidate will be a leader in their field, with a successful track record as a practitioner in the Building Engineering sector.
  • Strong leadership, influencing and negotiation skills are of paramount importance in this role.
  • It is likely that the successful candidate will possess appreciable experience as a designer and/or design manager in the Building Engineering sector.
  • A background in the consulting and/or contracting sectors will be highly regarded.

Why GHD?
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.

Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.

Who We Are

We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.

Interested? Apply now
For further information, contact Rachel van Proctor
T (+61 8 6222 8592)

Applications close 23 April 2021

GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples

Job Posting

Mar 25, 2021