At Coles, we are passionate about providing our customers with the best possible retail experience. To help us do this, we're always searching for talented people with great ideas, energy and a passion for helping others.
To achieve our goals, we are looking for a State People and Product Safety Manager to execute and embed the safety strategies and cultures in VIC/TAS for Coles Supermarkets.
Reporting to the Head of Safety for Supermarkets, you will be a key business partner responsible for setting and implementing an effective risk management strategy in the State to reduce risk in people and food safety and workers compensation. With your strongly developed leadership capabilities, you will also lead a team of safety advisors.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- relevant degree or qualification and/or extensive experience in People Safety, Food Safety, workplace rehabilitation or a related risk management field
- proven record of achieving results and leading change within a fast-paced environment; retail or hospitality industry experience will be highly regarded
- proven capability in leading teams; including coaching, development and support
- expertise in root cause analysis and effective risk management implementation
- strong stakeholder management and highly developed influencing skills both externally and internally
- demonstrated ability to translate business safety analysis of State performance into improvement goals and strategies
- exceptional communication skills
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- own and drive the State Safety strategy delivering continuous reduction in team member and customer injuries/illnesses whilst working within the National framework
- partner with the State General Manger and State Leadership Team to create and maintain a way of thinking and accountability where Food and People safety is not solely complying with legislative requirements but delivers value in driving the right behaviours and outcomes across Supermarkets
- work closely and build effective relationships with key stakeholders to minimise risk and manage expectations
- be a trusted expert, providing safety advice to effectively integrate practical safety into decision making and ensure a focus on effective risk reduction
Coles is a fast-paced, constantly changing business that focuses your talents and challenges you to perform at your best.
As a team, we’re bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion, always looking for better ways to transform retail and delight customers.
If that isn’t exciting enough, as a team member at Coles you:
- will receive a staff discount and exclusive team member offers
- can enjoy a convenience store located onsite
- are able to sample new products and flavours before they hit the shelves
- have access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic
- will be part of a fun and inclusive culture where customer, community and team are at the heart of what we do
Today, Coles is one of Australia’s iconic retailers, providing a range of fresh food, groceries, general merchandise, liquor and fuel to millions of customers every week.
We have a combination of over 2,400 retail outlets across Australia covering Coles supermarkets, Coles Express fuel and convenience sites, Spirit Hotels and liquor stores under Liquorland, Vintage Cellars and First Choice Liquor branding.
While some things have changed over the years, one thing remains the same – our customer first strategy. We have over 112,000 fantastic team members across the country that are focused on making life easier for our customers and making a difference to the communities we serve every day.
We prefer to deal with you directly and have not engaged an agency for this role, so if you’re interested, please apply.
At Coles, we aim to ensure our team represents the community we serve, embracing the richness of Australia's diverse population.