Technical Lead Support Engineering Capability
Brisbane – Pinkenba
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. With a workforce of 130,000 Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners around. Airbus Australia Pacific (AAP) is the region's largest helicopter business, employing more than 1500 people across 15 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.
About the team
The Support Engineering (SE) Capability Team is tasked with enhancing the capability effectiveness and efficiency of the Support Engineering Function (Airbus DASR Part M Continuing Airworthiness Management Services Organisation) as a whole. This includes driving standardisation, simplification and optimisation of processes, data and tools whilst ensuring strict compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
We have recently transformed our business model and as such are looking to grow our current team.
About the role
As Technical Lead SE Capability you will be a Subject Matter Expert in the Technical Services/Continual Airworthiness Management field and will share responsibilities for the process-document ownership of the function with the other Capability Team Members. You will be working in a team environment and be involved in a variety of tasks relating to continuous improvement.
This would include:
- Building relationships across all areas of the business
- Working on the Support Engineering processes, systems and tools, looking for and driving improvements and efficiencies
- Identifying areas to standardise practices across the multiple platforms we support
- Developing and implementing an effective competency framework to enhance the effectiveness of the Support Engineering function and enhance alignment with Airbus Helicopters and the wider Airbus Group.
- Driving process improvement and productivity improvement
- Working with the respective Platform Services and Program Management teams to address and fix known problem areas that our customers face
- Work with, train and coach Support Engineering Managers, Team Leads and Team Members through Airbus Change Management principles to ensure business continuity
To be successful in this role, it is a requirement to be able to work in a team environment, have well developed relationship skills as well as good verbal and written skills. You will need to be someone who is able to work autonomously and to tight deadlines and work comfortably in a continuous improvement work environment. The skills and experience best suited to this role:
- Minimum 5 years' technical experience in aircraft maintenance engineering (Part 145 or equivalent) or CAM (Part M or equivalent)
- Bachelor of Engineering (relevant to maintenance and/or continuing airworthiness or aircraft components) or an aircraft maintenance engineer/technical qualification in Avionics. Mechanical or Structures trade streams
- Superior knowledge of interdependencies between maintenance and other airworthiness management and support activities such as Design Engineering, Technical Services, MRD, Tech Assessing, Technical Publications and Configuration Management
- Deep understanding of applicable legislation and regulations
- Ability to successfully manage multiple complex activities across numerous customers with varied stakeholders
- Ability to resolve high level service issues with strong analytical and influencing skills
What's on offer?
The Airbus Group is a global platform for excellence, with network expertise providing our people with the opportunity to be a part of rapidly advancing innovations in engineering and technology to accomplish the extraordinary; making the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. We have dedicated resources to deliver:
- Clear operational and strategic objectives with significant future commercial opportunities
- Supportive structures, systems and processes with a commitment to your development
- Strong links to the broader Airbus Group global community
- Values driven leadership focussed on employee and customer experience
- Competitive salary packaging, Employee Share Ownership Plan, Employee health plans
- Flexible working arrangements
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment medical screening which may include drug and alcohol testing.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 8th September